A laptop is one of main things I fix, they are portable and easily moved around, there are a few issues that are more common than with a desktop. such as damaged screen, overheating, and keyboards not working.
Once I diagnose what the issue is I will provide you with a price for parts and labor.
A little known fact is that a Laptop should be serviced once a year, just like you would with your car to ensure it works when you need it.
Some of the more common hardware issues are:
- Screen damage.
- Case damage.
- Keyboard issues.
- Battery life problems.
- issues with power supply.
- CD or DVD drive jammed.
- DC Jack broken or damaged.
- Laptop running slow.
- Computer freezing.
- Crashed hard drive.
- Laptop not working (starting up).
Common software issues:
- Computer running slow.
- Virus or malware.
- Pop ups or errors on the screen.
- Issues with printers.
- Not connecting to a wireless network.
- Antivirus not functioning properly.
Sometimes the costs involved and the age of the laptop will mean it is more cost effective to buy a new one than to conduct repairs, I pride myself in being honest and will tell you my opinion on whats best when I discuss what the issue is.
- Increase in memory.
- Bigger hard drive to store more on (transferring all your important documents etc. over onto the new hard drive).
- I can also replace like for like components if they stop working.